Seriously? You have GOT to be kidding me!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary. ~Mark Twain

Wednesday night I hung out w/ my old work BFF Joey and then her new love Shawn came over and we all played Disney Monopoly w/ Joey's daughter Daisy. While it was just me and Joey, we caught up. She asked how I managed to get over the death of Kevin (heh, funny story -_-), we talked about my family. Then we swt to her. She told me the saddest story ever about how she had been fooled into falling in love with the wrong man, how that subsequently led to some other events in her life.
I was so used to men lying, saying its forever, making plans for the future and promises of whats to come. I think people get too caught up in that, and forget to build a relationship for there to even be in the future. Don't promise me forever, but its more then that, don't make promises that you cant yet keep. Remind me daily why you love me. Find time to show me that I am important to him. Whether its something grand like flowers on Valentines day or something small like sweet text while I'm sleeping.

Every relationship, whether committed or not, has the potential to go 2 ways, together or not together. That's it. I suggest in your current one, old or new, fast or slow, committed or casual, that you stop trying to define every single moment and force it into societies cookie cutter molds. Enjoy each other. Learn about them. Laugh with them. Love together. And if its meant to be, it will be.


*Kevin messaged me today. Blah*

No comments:

Post a Comment