Seriously? You have GOT to be kidding me!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day

I dont really have a relationship w/ my "real" dad. I have met him and tried to have long term contact several times but it never works out. He wears me out emotionally when I talk to him. He seems to be bipolar so his has extreme ups and downs. Maybe thats the alcohol or drugs, if he still uses. I wish he lived closer and was someone I could count on in my life.

But I dont think anyone who has a "normal" dad relationship can understand what it feels like. I mean how can someone just live their life w/o wanting to know/talk/be with their child. That just boggles my mind. Its 1/2 of you. You created this life. Whatever...I guess I'll never understand.

Luckily I have my gpa and even my stepdad, we have our moments tho. My gpa is amazing. He has always taken care of each one of us in the family. He is the ultimate protector. Hes the shoulder to cry on. The voice of wisdom. Yes, he is a bit crazy, getting more so in his old age. But he would give the shirt off his back to one of us. I dont know what I would do w/o my Good Ol' Gordy aka gpa.

I hope my brother, the new father, can be like gpa. His unconditional love for his family. Tough love for those of us who needed it. I have such good memories w/ him.

Happy Fathers day to those men who deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment