Seriously? You have GOT to be kidding me!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chicken Broccoli Quiche

Dinner tonight is a quiche I made for J and his momma when she came to see our place a few weeks ago. I found the recipe on, you guessed it, pinterest. It linked me to Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice. I find that the recipe for the filling (minus the egg mixture) is enough for 2 pie. This time I froze it in the 2nd pie crust since we are going on vacation in the next few days so I know I wont make it again anytime soon. And its really not at all healthy so it not something I plan on making very often. Altho I could make a healthier version I'm sure.

 Chicken Broccoli Quiche
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic*
salt/pepper
2 c cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
2 c cooked broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
1 1/2 c shredded cheese
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1 pastry crust
4 eggs
3/4 c heavy cream

 3/4 c milk

*notes: I didnt used fresh garlic I used garlic flakes (follow the instructions on package) and I didnt cook my broccoli. And the chicken was the rotisserie chicken sold in most grocery stores.

Preheat oven to 350.
Break down chicken.
Melt butter in small skillet. Add onion and garlic. Saute until tender.
 Mix broccoli, chicken, both cheeses, and the onion/garlic together. Season with salt and pepper.

In another bowl whisk eggs, milk and cream until eggs are combined.
Fit broccoli mix into 9 inch deep dish pie dish. This is where you can see there is more the one pie's worth.

Pour egg mixture over, making sure filling and egg mixture are evenly distributed.

Bake for 50-60 minutes until center is set, you can check by inserting a knife and if it comes out clean its done.

Let rest for 10 mins before cutting.


There are a million different ways to do a quiche. We put bacon on top the first time. And we liked it  better letting it set for closer to 20 mins or maybe more. But its very filling and plenty for 3-4 people.

Calories for 1 slice: 671
Fat: 44

So I am now off to go run or kill myself....

EDIT: Its not quite as bad as I thought. I forgot I can make 2 pies w/ this...if I think about it I will re-do my numbers and fix it but for now I am going w/ closer to 450 and 30. Phew, thats a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment