Seriously? You have GOT to be kidding me!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

QOTW

What’s the strangest way that you’ve become introduced to a new world of literature and new way of thinking?

Most of my life has been spent just following along w/ what my immediate family has thought/believed. And I have either surrounded myself w/ like minded people in the past or people who didn't have strong opinions of an opposite view point. I don't too much like politics, especially discussing w/ family or on social media sites. But for the sake of this post I will say that I was raised democrat. I did vote for Obama in 2008. In 2012 I didn't vote at all. In 2008 I was sure of who, what, and why I supported who I supported. By 2012 I was unsure about a lot of things, but I knew for certain I didn't support Obama any longer. Politics for me are still very confusing but I am starting to feel more educated and am seeing things in a whole new light. And its because of 2 people.
First it was Marc. I fought and pretty much shut down every time Marc would talk politics. I think it was just his style. I would feel very attacked. I know he wasn't trying to attack ME, he just feels very strongly. And it didn't mean I did HEAR what he said. Then there was Jon, and he feels and believes everything Marc does. He just exposed me to it differently.

Now I just wanna say that my opinions have changed but not bc of Marc or Jon. But they just helped me when I was feeling confused and lost. Knowing I felt that things weren't right but not sure how or why I felt that way.

So the question says a "new world of literature and a new way of thinking," I would say that's exactly what this all is. Its a new world for me now. I am not just going along, blindly, with the rest. I am finding and READING information to educate me, support my view and better understand it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment