Seriously? You have GOT to be kidding me!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Sloppy Joe Bake

So I found this recipe on Pinterest, and it linked to Heartfelt Homemaking.

I did modify it slightly. I didn't make the sauce from scratch. When I was grocery shopping the Manwich sauce was on sale 5 for $5 so I had a bunch to use.

 Sloppy Joe Bake
1 lb lean ground meat
1 can sloppy joe sauce
2 cans crescent rolls
shredded cheese

Not Pictured bc I forgot:
sesame seeds
 Also I know there are 2 cans of sauce, I was worried it would be dry but 1 was enough for 1 lb meat. And I dont know if it really needs more then 1lb.

Preheat oven to 425
Brown meat; Drain

Add sauce mix, reduce heat to simmer until sauce thickens.

While meat cooks spray 11x9 baking dish with nonstick spray, and press entire contents of one crescent roll tube on bottom, making sure to close seams.

 After meat has simmered approx 10 mins pour or spoon mixture over the crescent rolls.

Sprinkle w/ about 1 c shredded cheese*.

On a flat nonstick surface, I used a baking sheet, roll out the other tube of crescent rolls, pressing the seams, to cover top of meat mixture.
Sprinkle sesame seeds and bake for 15-20 mins.

*Dont forget to add the cheese until after you put the top layer of crescent roll on top and have to carefully remove each section, therefor breaking the seams, stretching out the dough so you can put cheese under it. Oops.
Finished yummyness^.

^Yeah its a little overcooked, lol. I read the directions originally and thought it said 30 mins. Oops.
Servings 8
est. Calories 337.5
est. Fat 15.75
High in fat BUT most was not saturated. Still need a leaner meat and figure out a better dough.


It turned out super yum and I got the good job kiss/seal of approval from JLove.
Did you decide to make this? Did you do anything different? How did it come out?
Leave a comment and let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment